Galveston Auto Accident Attorney | Galveston Car Wreck Lawyer | Galveston Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Galveston area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Galveston, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Galveston area.
When Should You Hire a Galveston Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Galveston, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Galveston auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Galveston auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Galveston car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Galveston Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Galveston car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Galveston area and in all areas of Galveston County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Galveston, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Galveston accident attorney.
Galveston Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Galveston you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Galveston will try to successfully handle your Galveston car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a Galveston bad faith insurance claim.
Galveston Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Galveston Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Galveston area. Galveston Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Galveston Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Galveston Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Galveston, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Galveston fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Galveston auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Galveston car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Galveston ambulance, you can later get information at:
Galveston EMS or Galveston Fire Department
Galveston, Texas 77553
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Galveston, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Galveston Police Department : (409) 766-2100
Galveston County Precinct 5: (409) 770-5807
Galveston County Precinct 7: (281) 316-8802
Galveston County Sheriff: (409) 766-2301
Other reasons to retain a Galveston, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Galveston County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Galveston, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Galveston County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Galveston car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Galveston will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Galveston injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Galveston car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Galveston County Civil Courts or Galveston County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Galveston trial courts include:
Galveston County 10th District Court
Galveston County 122nd District Court
Galveston County 306th District Court
- If your Galveston injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Galveston tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Galveston involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Galveston Residents
Galveston Area Medical Facilities
The University of Texas Medical Branch
Devereux Texas Treatment Network
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Galveston Burns Hosp.
Galveston Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Steve's Warehouse Tires
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Sand Dollar Honda
Galveston Area Car Rental Service
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Galveston area or anywhere in Galveston County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Galveston vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Galveston and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Algoa, Alta Loma, Alvin, Bacliff, Bayou Vista, Caplen, Crystal Beach, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galveston, Hillcrest, Hitchcock, Houston, Jamaica Beach, La Marque, League City, Missouri City, Nassau Bay, Pelican Island, Port Bolivar, San Leon, Santa Fe, Seabrook, South Houston, Texas City, Tiki Island, Webster and other communities in Galveston County.